Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Everyday I'm TEFLin - Week 4


Week 4…last week!  We were all studying hard for the grammar test, not to mention our normal workload of classes and teaching.  Wednesday came and I felt pretty confident, and I suppose for good reason, because I got 100%!  We didn't have to teach that night.  Instead, we went to a billiards club that used to be a Russian ballroom, which was pretty awesome!



Thursday was our last night of teaching, and afterwards, we went to the pub with our Czech students.  I brought along Tony, the Czech guy I had met my first week :)  By the time Friday rolled around, I was ready to be finished.  Often, when I finish something stressful and/or difficult, I cry afterward.  There was a lot of crying that day.  In my first class, we had to plan a lesson as a group and I just couldn't do it.  I wanted to be done already!  So I had a bit of a meltdown.  No matter, I went to lunch with Meredith at the restaurant with the magnificent view and then waited for the last item on our schedule…the long  arm of TEFL.  We had no idea what this was, but we had to be back at the school by 4:00 PM.  *UPDATE 3/6/2017: This next part used to explain what the long arm of TEFL is, but this morning, Chris (the director) asked me to take it down because a lot of students were finding out what it was, and I'm sworn to secrecy.  

Back row:  Gretchen Peterson, Nicole Stucki, Mark Bussey, Rich Powers, Chris Westergaard, Kate Woods, Chanelle Ramos, Yael Crawshaw, Addie Becker, Nick Van Heest, Zack Loefler, Jasmin Kidgell
Front row:  Marissa Kingzett, Kelli Danilovich, Jen Conrad, Meredith Stevens, Richa Patel, Hannah Sunseri, John Pataky, Laura Stites, Elizabeth Griggs

Saturday, I went with the Prague YSA to the Freiberg, Germany Temple!  It was great!  After I went to the temple, I explored the town…it was beautiful, especially considering the autumn leaves!  I also rediscovered my favorite gummy candy that I hadn't seen since I left Germany!  Score!




Sunday I went to the Prague ward for the last time :(  That night, some TEFL people threw me a going away party.  We had breakfast for dinner :)

Sister Mendenhall and me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment